Tickets for additional zones are not available with student or youth discount.
How to buy a ticket for additional zones
- In the Ruter app, if you already have a valid period ticket in the app (24 hour ticket, 7-, 30- or 365 day ticket).
- From the driver on buses and ferries with cash or pay-as-you-go credit.
- At our customer service centre Ruter S at Jernbanetorget, if you have a valid period ticket on your travelcard.
It is not possible to buy a ticket for additional zones on board the Metro, trams and trains or from Entur's ticket machines.
How the ticket works
- A ticket for additional zones for one extra zone is valid for 60 minutes upon activation.
- It is valid for a further 30 minutes for each extra zone you buy a ticket for.
- The ticket may be used on Ruter's buses, trams, metro and ferries, and on Vy's trains in Oslo and parts of Viken (formerly Akershus).
- You may transfer to other means of transport (free transfer) in those zones for which the ticket applies, as long as the ticket remains valid.
- Ticket for additional zones may not be combined with the Rufus ticket or other special tickets