When you may get a refund
1. When you no longer will be travelling with us
If you for example move from Oslo and Akershus. You pay NOK 100 per instance, which means that you must pay a fee for us to cancel and refund your ticket.
2. The ticket is invalid due to price changes
Tickets that become invalid due to price changes must be activated within three months after the price change applies. If you fail to activate your ticket within three months, it is invalidated. You may nevertheless obtain a refund within three years without paying a fee. Three years after the price change the ticket will no longer be refunded and becomes worthless.
3. You incur extra expenses due to a defective travelcard
If you are required to buy new tickets because your travelcard no longer works, we may refund your ticket expenses for up to three days. We only refund your ticket expenses if the travel card is not visibly damaged. You are not required to pay a fee for this refund.
4. Other cases
We may also refund tickets in other cases, if it would be unreasonable to deny you a refund. If in doubt, contact our customer centre for assistance. Note that you pay NOK 100 per instance, which means that you must pay a fee for us to cancel and refund your ticket.
How to apply for a refund
Visit our Customer Service Centre or one of our Service Points. We can assist you with the transfer of tickets, refunds and defective travel cards. Remember to bring the tickets you want refunded!
This is what you get
The refund is calculated from the day we receive the ticket from you.
This is how much you may get:
- Single tickets: Activated tickets will not be refunded.
- 24-hour tickets: Activated tickets will not be refunded.
- 7-day tickets: A deduction of 1/7th of the price of the ticket for each day (or part of a day) since the ticket was activated.
- 30-day tickets: A deduction of 1/30th of the price of the ticket for each day (or part of a day) since the ticket was activated.
- 365-day tickets: A deduction of 1/300th of the price of the ticket for each day (or part of a day) since the ticket was activated.
We do not refund the travelcard, only the ticket you have on the card.
14-day right of cancellation
You have a 14-day right of cancellation if you buy a travelcard with tickets or pay-as-you-go credit at ruter.no.
Contact us using the form or visit our Customer Service Centre within 14 days after you received the travelcard by post. This refund is free of charge.
Submit cancellation form (form only available in Norwegian)
Have you found what you were looking for?
We will unfortunately not respond to your feedback. Make sure that your response does not contain personal information.