This is what you can get back
The refund is calculated from the day we receive the ticket from you.
This is how much you may get:
- Single tickets: Will not be refunded. Exceptions can be made for unused tickets for bicycles.
- 24-hour tickets: Will not be refunded.
- 7-day tickets: We will refund the remaining number of days.
- 30-day tickets: We will refund the remaining number of days.
- 365-day tickets: We will refund the remaining number of days based on the 300 days you have paid for, not the 365 days the ticket is valid for.
We do not refund the travelcard, only the ticket you have on the card. You pay NOK 100 per instance, which means that you must pay a fee for us to cancel and refund your ticket.
When you may get a refund
1. When you no longer will be travelling with us
If you for example move from Oslo and parts of Viken (formerly Akershus).
2. You have unused or inactive tickets
These are refunded for up to one year from the date of purchase. After that, the tickets are invalid and cannot be refunded or activated. We do not refund more than two non-activated monthly tickets or one non-activated annual ticket per customer during one year. In the event of a price change, pre-purchased tickets must be activated within three months of the price change taking effect.
If you have an un-activated ticket in the Ruter app, you can cancel it and get a refund within 3–10 days.
Travelcard with pay-as-you-go credit
Travelcard with pay-as-you-go credit is refunded for up to 3 years after being filled in on the travel card.
How to apply for a refund
Write to us or call us. Remember to bring the tickets you want refunded. Single use paper tickets and tickets or pay-as-you-go credit on travelcards can only be refunded by visiting Ruter S.