If you are in a wheelchair, you travel free on our services.
Remember that wheelchairs must secured on board using the available straps.
Maximum size and weight
Due to safety concerns there are restrictions on maximum size and weight, depending on the service you are travelling with. Sizes and weights correspond to the most commonly used electric wheelchairs. You yourself are responsible for complying with the restrictions described below.
- The wheelchair's length may not exceed 1,200 mm, the width may not exceed 700 mm, and the height may not exceed 1,090 mm (all sizes without user).
- The total weight including the user must not exceed 250 kg.
- Electric wheelchairs may have a maximum speed of 10 km/h.
Ruter's buses are designed to comply with the requirements of the regulations relating to universal design and the underlying Bus Directive appendix 7.
The maximum size and weight if travelling with the metro, the newest trams (lines 17, 18 and 13) and ferries between Aker brygge, Nesodden and Vollen:
- Wheelchairs with lengths of up to 1,460 mm, widths of up to 750 and height up to 1,350 mm may be brought along.
- The total weight including the user must not exceed 325 kg.
- On other ferries access for wheelchairs is limited.
The older trams on lines 12, 19 and partially line 13 are not accessible for wheelchairs.