Available space on board
To help maintain enough space, we allow fewer passengers on board our vehicles. Most seats are available, except for the seats behind the driver on buses and trams. There is a limited number of spaces for standing passengers. Please keep recommended distance to others: At least one metre face-to-face.
If the recommended distance cannot be maintained, please disembark and wait for the next departure or use an alternative route.
You have the right to travel as long as you comply with the existing rules for passenger capacity. That means our travel guarantee no longer applies if the means of travel does not have space for you on board.
Customer Service Centre
Our customer service centre Ruter S at Jernbanetorget and service points are closed until further notice due to new guidelines for infection control.
We do not sell tickets on board. To avoid contact between passengers and staff, travelcard validators on regional buses are unavailable until further notice.
We recommend using the RuterBillett app to purchase your ticket.
We try to limit physical contact between our customers and public transport employees.
- The front door and the two front rows of seats are unavailable.
- Drivers and other staff may advise passengers to wait for the next departure if the vehicle is full.
- The floors of the vehicle/ferry are labelled to indicate where you may stand.
- Posters, info screens and PA announcements are in use to remind passengers about distancing rules and space limitations.
- Cleaning has increased significantly.
- Even if we increase our cleaning efforts, it is important that everyone follow FHI's advice on cough etiquette and hand hygiene.
Travelling with reduced functional ability?
- To keep our driver/crew/customers safe, customers cannot expect the same assistance as before if we cannot remain at a distance of one meter while assisting.
- Keep a safe distance when the driver rolls out the ramp for you. You can board once the ramp is ready.
- On city buses, place your wheelchair in the indicated spot, as usual.
- On regional buses and minibuses, secure the wheelchair using the straps on your own.
- If you do not have the opportunity to secure the wheelchair on your own or need assistance, we recommend bringing a travelling companion on board with you. The companion of a wheelchair user travels for free and does not need to carry a companion certificate. If this is not possible, please contact us by phone, 22 05 70 70, so we can organize another means of transport. Remember: This must be ordered before 17:00 Monday-Friday, the day before you wish to travel. The service is available Monday to Friday from 07:00-17:00, but not Saturday or Sunday.
- If the bus is already carrying a wheelchair or a stroller, you need to wait for the next bus; see Ruter's Travel Guarantee.