Reduced passenger capacity
Passenger capacity on board is reduced until further notice, in compliance with the recommendations set by the Norwegian Directorate of Health and the Norwegian Institute of Public Health to limit the spread of Covid-19.
As a customer you have the right to travel as long as you comply with the existing rules for passenger capacity. That means our travel guarantee no longer applies if the means of does not have space for you.
- We try to limit physical contact between our customers and public transport employees.
- That is why the front door and the two front rows of seats are off limits.
- We will not accept cash payments on board until further notice due limit the risk to passengers, drivers and crew.
- The driver will open all doors when reaching every stop. Please press the stop button to signal the driver that you intend to disembark.
- Driver/crew members will ensure compliance to passenger limits until further notice.
- The seats and floors of the vehicle/ferry are gradually being labelled to indicate where you may stand and where you can sit.
- Posters, info screens and PA announcements are in use to remind passengers about distancing rules and space limitations.
- Cleaning has increased significantly.
- Ruter's call center at Jernbanetorget (Oslo Central Station) and our service points run by Sporveien and Norled will remain closed until further notice. Please use the contact information forms or our telephone hotline 22 05 70 70, which continue to function as normal.
Please note: Even if we increase our cleaning efforts, it is important that everyone follow FHI's advice on cough etiquette and hand hygiene.
Guidelines and practical information
- You must never use public transport if you feel sick or think you are infected.
- Travel only when necessary – Use a bicycle or walk if possible.
- Avoid rush hour if you can.
- Do not embark if it is not possible to maintain the recommended distance.
- Be considerate on board – stay at least one meter from the other passengers.
- Only use the seats that are made available and the standing spaces indicated on the floor. If no spots are available, please disembark and wait for the next vehicle/ferry.
- The guidelines apply to everyone, even passengers travelling with family members. Small children can sit on your lap.
Would you like a refund for your ticket?
Travelling with reduced functional ability?
- To keep our driver/crew/customers safe, customers cannot expect the same assistance as before if we cannot remain at a distance of one meter while assisting.
- Keep a safe distance when the driver rolls out the ramp for you. You can board once the ramp is ready.
- On city buses, place your wheelchair in the indicated spot, as usual.
- On regional buses and minibuses, secure the wheelchair using the straps on your own.
- If you do not have the opportunity to secure the wheelchair on your own or need assistance, we recommend bringing a travelling companion on board with you. The companion of a wheelchair user travels for free and does not need to carry a companion certificate. If this is not possible, please contact us by phone, 22 05 70 70, so we can organize another means of transport. Remember: This must be ordered before 17:00 Monday-Friday, the day before you wish to travel. The service is available Monday to Friday from 07:00-17:00, but not Saturday or Sunday.
- If the bus is already carrying a wheelchair or a stroller, you need to wait for the next bus; see Ruter's Travel Guarantee.