It is important to us that you reach your destination on time. This is why you may use a taxi, car (mileage allowance) or other alternative means of transport, if the conditions below are met.
How to apply:
- Follow the link below and fill out the form. Your claim must be submitted within three months of taking a taxi, car or alternative means of transport
- Keep in mind that taxi refunds only apply to taxis operating with a taxi permit.
- If the refund is approved, you will normally receive the money in your bank account within 14 days.
You can also send your application by post.
You are entitled to a refund worth up to NOK 750 if you are delayed more than 20 minutes due to route delays, cancellations or other irregularities on our part, and you have:
- anticipated enough transfer time (at least 5 minutes)
- anticipated enough walking time
- used the correct timetable
The guarantee applies if the deviation is not covered by one of the exclusions described below. The travel guarantee also applies if you have not been able to board the means of transport in a wheelchair or other mobility aid, and you have not been offered a taxi at Ruter's expense on site.
If you know that you can reach your destination using another means of public transport, you must use this, possibly in addition to a taxi or car or other means of transport.
Our chartered services (such as minibuses for the elderly) generally do not have fixed stops or timetables. These services are therefore not subject to the same refund rules and travel guarantees as regular scheduled public transport.
When you order a chartered service from Ruter, we will pick you up between five minutes before and ten minutes after the specified time. Your vehicle is only considered delayed if it is more than 30 minutes late after the specified time; the refund policy will then take effect. The same applies if the vehicle leaves without you at the agreed pick-up location, five minutes before the specified time.
You are not entitled to a refund if you knew or should have been aware of the issue in advance, or if Ruter is not to blame for the issue, which includes the following conditions:
- Extreme weather conditions such as strong winds, heavy rain and heavy snowfall
- Earthquakes and landslides
- Known events or other factors that hinder or obstruct traffic
- Relocation of stops, announced in advance
- Reduced capacity or cancellation of departures announced in advance, due to public infectious diseases etc.
We publish information online (ruter.no) about such matters and how they affect our services as soon as we have sufficient information.
The travel guarantee does not include consequential damage from the delay, such as not reaching a dental appointment, a business appointment or a flight departure.
Taxi or similar transportation expenses are refunded if you have a receipt stating the price, date and time, and the enterprise registration number and permit number of the taxi or service provider. If you travel by car, you will be refunded mileage according to the government's rates. If several people travel together, only the driver can submit a refund claim. If a refund is also required for additional passengers, it must be documented that the passenger(s) had a valid ticket for the journey.
Refunds only apply to the mileage allowance. The refund does not cover tolls, parking or car rental expenses.
We also refund expenses for city bikes or electric scooters if you have a receipt showing the amount, date and time period of rental, and the enterprise registration number of the service provider.
Our travel Guarantee contains nine points on punctuality, information and well-being on our transport services and stops. The travel guarantee applies to transport on all our services in Oslo and parts of Viken (formerly Akershus county).
- All scheduled departures will be running. Under ordinary conditions, we will run scheduled departures and comply with scheduled times, as far as possible.
- We will not depart too early. The means of transport will not leave before the scheduled departure time/specified time from the stop/place on the route.
- There will be room for you on board. Onboard capacity shall have enough room for all passengers along the route, in foreseeable numbers. Exceptions to this will be announced on ruter.no.
- Boarding aids for the physically impaired should work. If you need help, under normal circumstances you will receive assistance to board/disembark.
- The signs for line number and destination shall be correct. The stops and vehicles that have signs will indicate the correct line number and destination.
- Information about stops and main transfer points. The next stop will be announced onboard the vehicle over the public address system and on monitors. This does not apply to our chartered services, where information is provided by the driver.
- Information about timetables and payment. The timetables for each line should be displayed at all stops, and payment information shall be provided onboard the vehicle and at stops that offer ticket sales.
- You will receive information immediately if the scheduled route is delayed or cancelled. If a scheduled route is cancelled or otherwise delayed, the driver shall immediately inform the passengers about the cause You shall receive information about service disruptions on the information monitor and at the stop, as far as this is possible.
- The stops and vehicles should be clean and tidy and without defects. Ruter will make sure that our stops and vehicles are cleaned regularly. If the vehicle is dirty or has defects or deficiencies, it will be removed from service for repair.
Are we not fulfilling our promise, or is there anything we can do to improve? We'd love to hear from you!
Last ferry from the islands
Many people travel to and from Hovedøya, Lindøya, Bleikøya, Langøyene, Nakkholmen and Gressholmen on fine summer days. If the last scheduled ferry is full and there isn't enough space on board, it will return to make sure everyone gets back to the city. Please remember to be at the pier in time for the scheduled departure.
Other companies' travel guarantees
If you are travelling with other companies, Ruter's travel guarantee does not apply.