It is important to us to ensure you arrive at your destination on time. This is why we offer a travel guarantee that includes a taxi refund. Please note that taxi refund applies only to taxis with permit number, not Uber and similar services.
How to apply
- Complete the taxi refund form ( below, or download the form (PDF) and send it to us by post. Remember to submit your claim for a refund within three months after using the taxi refund scheme.
- Refer to the time, place and route number, and provide a receipt from the taxi trip, including the permit number and route.
- If the refund is approved, the funds are ordinarily transferred to your account within 14 days.
Please note that the electronic form is only available in Norwegian. The PDF form is also available in English.
When are you entitled to a taxi refund
You are entitled to up to NOK 550 in a taxi refund if you are more than 20 minutes delayed due to delays, cancellations or other disruptions and irregularities in our services that have not been announced, and you have:
- Estimated sufficient transfer time (at least 5 minutes)
- Estimated sufficient time for walking
- Used the correct timetable
- The disruption was not announced in advance
When are you not entitled to a taxi refund
You are not entitled to a refund if you were aware of or should have been aware of the issue in advance, or if the cause is not with us. Examples of pre-announced disruptions are:
- Pre-announced moving of stops
- Known events that affect the routes
Unfortunately, you are also not entitled to a refund if you have not estimated sufficient transfer time, have not estimated sufficient time for walking between stops, or if you have used the incorrect timetable.
The travel guarantee includes ten clauses on punctuality, information and comfort on transport services and at stops. The travel guarantee applies to transport with all of our services in Oslo and Akershus.
- All our scheduled services will be running. All departures listed in the current timetable will be running as scheduled.
- We will not be delayed. Services will depart on time and keep to the timetable as far as is reasonably practicable. Ruter is working constantly to rectify the cause of public transport delays.
- We will not depart too early. Services will not depart from any stop before the scheduled departure time.
- There will be room for you. There will be room for all customers that might reasonably be expected to travel on a given route.
- All stops and services will be properly signed. Stops and services will display the correct route number and destination.
- Stops and important connections will be announced. Information about the next stop will be given by loudspeaker on board the service in question and also on digital displays, where these are available.
- Information about timetables and fares. Departure times for each route will be posted at all stops. Information about fares will be posted on the buses, ferries, trams and Metro carriages, and at the stops where tickets are sold.
- We will give you information immediately about any disruptions or delays. If a service makes an unscheduled stop for any reason, the driver will immediately inform you of the cause. As far as possible, we will provide information about any route changes at the relevant stops.
- All our stops and services will be clean and tidy. Ruter requires the regular cleaning of all our stops. Buses, ferries, trams and Metro carriages will be cleaned each day before they are brought into service, and will be taken out of service if they become unacceptably dirty. Furnishings and ﬁttings will be kept tidy and in good repair.
- We will correct all faults, remedy deﬁciencies, repair vandalism and remove litter. When you report something to Ruter’s Customer Centre, serious problems will be dealt with on the following working day. Minor issues will be dealt with as soon as is reasonably practicable.
Have you experienced that we don't keep our promises? We would like to hear from you!
Last departure with ferries from the islands
On fine summer days, many people will want to travel to Hovedøya, Lindøya, Bleikøya and Langøyene, and at Nakholmen and Gressholmen. If the ferries are full and you are unable to catch the last scheduled departure, the ferry will continue to run until all passengers have completed their journeys. This is provided that you are at the departure jetty at the ferry's scheduled departure time.
Other companies' travel guarantees
If you are travelling with other companies, Ruter's travel guarantee does not apply.
Have you found what you were looking for?
We will unfortunately not respond to your feedback. Make sure that your response does not contain personal information.